SCOPE OF PLANix BUDGETING SYSTEM (Knowing the Basics)
PLANix consists of 3 Key Modules namely:
1. The Core Module that includes:
a) Global Maintainance Module (used by one user for the purpose of maintaining and setting up system parameters like Sections, Departments, Chart of Accounts Lines, Tariffs e.t.c)
b) And General or Departmental Budgeting Module (can used by multiple users for the purpose of budgeting Income, Expenditure and CAPEX)
2. The Human Capital (HR) Module that includes:
a) Human Capital Budgeting/Departmental Module (for budgeting Departmental HR Data)
b) Human Capital Consolidation Module (for Consolidating Departmental HR Data)
3. The Reporting Module (can be used by multiple users and for the purpose of consolidating reports from different modules.
STAND ALONE BUDGETING vs DISTRIBUTED BUDGETING
Stand Alone Budgeting is when one user can budget for the entire organisational budget on one computer. The user will just need to Login different modules to perform desired tasks to achieve. More suitable for small to medium organisations and it doesn't require a Server.
Distributed Budgeting is when different modules are allocated to different organisational departments so as to speed up budgeting time due to their extensive data. Suitable for big organisation that deal with big data and a Server is required.
STEPS 1: SUPPLEMENTARY BUDGET SET AND CHECK UPS
- Request from Celsoft Corporation to activate Supplementary Budgeting Module.
N.B: You must state the Month in which you want to start your Supplementary Budget before Celsoft activates the module e.g maybe you choose June as start month.
- LOGIN Consolidation Module and make sure you click PUSH and FETCH Buttons respectively (to perform this; open System Welcome Canvas in the System Introduction Folder)
- LOGIN Global Maintainance Module and make sure you click FETCH and PUSH Buttons respectively (to perform this; open System Welcome Canvas in the System Introduction Folder)
- Click FETCH and PUSH Buttons respectively in the following Modules: General Budgeting Module, HR Consolidation Module and HR Department Module.
N:B: As you do FETCH and PUSH exercise (on your System Welcome Canvas), take note of the Current Budgeting Year. It must be shown as B2020 (as an example). B states that the Budget is in Supplementary Budgeting Mode. If it’s ‘A2020’ that means you can’t perform Supplementary Budget.
TIP: Alternatively; to check whether you are in Supplementary Budgeting Mode or not; Open: Budget Officer Settings Canvas (in Global Module) or Duplicate Budgets Canvas (in all other Modules). The Supplementary Status light must be GREEN.
STEP 2: BUDGETING IN DIFFERENT MODULES:
- For Supplementary to work perfectly, firstly Duplicate Your Budget. Duplication is a way of bringing the Original Budget Data so as to make changes to the Current Supplementary Budget. Click the link below for more notes on how to Duplicate Budgets in PLANix
- After Duplication; to adjust your budget concentrate on Editing Matrices (that is; EDIT Matrices to adjust TEXTUAL information & UNITS or ADJUST Matrices to adjust COSTS/PRICES/FEES
- Completely new budget lines must be captured in SUBMIT Matrices.
- After data capture; Go to the System Welcome Canvas (in the Introduction Folder) and Click PUSH button
N.B: Users must be acquainted to the System Colour Codes (check color codes in System Introduction Folder). No Data must be captured in all Greyed Out cells. Users must ensure that they are connected to network inorder to perform FETCH and PUSH functions succesfully.
THE PERFECT WAY TO KICK- START SUPPLEMENTARY BUDGET:
1. Always start by adjusting Tariffs first (in the Global Maintainance Module)
2. Then followed by adjusting Tariff Income, External Funding (in the General Budgeting Module)
3. Adjust General Expenditure Budget (in the General Budgeting Module)
4. Adjust CAPEX Budget (in the General Budgeting Module)
5. Human Capital should be the last one to tackle. (in theHuman Capital Modules)
6. Congrats! You'll make your budgeting much more enjoyable and easy if you will follow these steps diligently.
DETAILED STEP TO STEP GUIGE ON HOW TO DO SUPPLEMENTARY BUDGET
Click the link(s) below for detailed notes:
1. START BY ADJUSTING TARIFFS AND INCOME (Done in the Global Maintainance Module and General Budgeting Module)
How to perform Revenue/Income Budget in Supplementary Budgeting
2. FOLLOWED BY ADJUSTING GENERAL EXPENDITURE
How to perform General Expenditure Budget in Supplementary Budgeting
3. ADJUSTING CAPEX SHOULD BE THE THIRD STEP
How to perform CAPEX Budget in Supplementary Budgeting
4. FINISH UP BY ADJUSTING HUMAN CAPITAL BUDGET
How to perform Human Capital Budget in Supplementary Budgeting
5. LOGIN THE CONSOLIDATION REPORT MODULE TO VIEW THE CONSOLIDATED BUDGET REPORTS.
How to generate and view Report(s) in PLANix