CAPEX Budgeting involves budgeting for CAPEX Assets and CAPEX Projects; then Fund those Assets or Projects that have been budgeted for. In this article we'll show you on how to Budget for CAPEX Assets and Projects. To Fund your CAPEX, check the related link below this article.
How to budget for CAPEX Items/Assets:
- CAPEX Items/Assets are items like Moter Vehicles, Computers e.t.c
1. Open General Budgeting Module
2. Open Budget Preparation Folder >> Capital Expenditure Budgeting >> Submit Capital Items & Projects >> Submit Capital Expenditure Items
3. Rule Number One: Always work from left to right. That is starting from your Left; Button(s), Filter Selector(s) and/ Columns respectively.
N.B: Always take note of the Data Filter Selectors on Top Header and select approciate data. For instance select a Section from the Top Filter as first option.
* To Add new line(s) make use of the Lines box on Top Left- insert your desired lines in the Lines box and click Add button close by.
* Refresh CAPEX button will clear data in cell(s) once clicked
4. Using the Color Coding Rules (Check Module Introduction Folder for color codes), capture/input the information in each column appropiately.
5. Appropriately input Units per each month (except where not applicable)
6. Submit (orange button top far right) after capturing a new item(s). Always click YES on the Message box that pops up.
NOTE: Remember to Push Data after you are done with your entire data capture.
How to budget for CAPEX Projects:
- CAPEX Projects are Projects like Shopping Malls, Schools, Airport, Dams etc.
1. Open General Budgeting Module
2. Open Budget Preparation Folder >> Capital Expenditure Budgeting >> Submit Capital Items & Projects >> Submit Capital Expenditure Projects.
3. This Matrix consist of two canvases: One on the left is for putting description of the project e.g Construction Of Office Park etc. While the one on the left is for putting cost build up (items) for that particular project. eg bricks, cement etc.
NOTE: First start by describing the Project (left Canvas) before budgeting for the the Project Cost Items (left Canvas)
4. Follow same instructions above starting from step 3 (Check notes above on How to budget for CAPEX Items/Assets)
N.B: Given a scenario where you ommited some project costs item(s) on an existing project, you can add new items by: selecting a Project you intend to add items in the "Existing project details" column (left canvas) and then add your ommitted project costs items on the right canvas by following the same budgeting steps.
SUPPORTING LINKS: Click the link(s) below for related article(s):
How to Edit CAPEX Items & Projects in PLANix
Search Knowledge Base Articles
How to budget for CAPEX in PLANix
Did you find this article useful?
The process of budgeting in PLANix is similar across all matrices whether users are budgeting for Tariff Income, External Funding and General Expendit...
GUIDELINES:1. Open General Budgeting Module2. Open Budget Preparation Folder >> Edit Matrix (of your choice)3. To edit, use Data Filter Se...
General Expenditure Editing is done in two Matrices namely:1. Edit General Expenditure Matrix: That's where to edit Textual Information and Units....
CAPEX editing is done in two Matrices namely:1. Edit Capital Expenditure Budget Matrix: That's where to edit Textual Information and Units. 2. Ad...
GUIDELINES:1. Open General Budgeting Module2. Open Budget Preparation Folder >> Capital Expenditure Budgeting >> Fund Capital Items ...