If your work involves analyzing data, producing reports and management dashboards, then learning about Excel’s Power Pivot and Power BI is a must. Register for this course and discover the power of these important tools in your day to day work.
1. DATA ANALYSIS WITH THE POWER PIVOT
- Introducing the Power Pivot – Understanding the Power Pivot and the difference between the Pivot Table and the PowerPivot. Understanding how to import data from, Excel, Text files and Relational Databases
- Munging data with the Power Query including transforming, cleansing, filtering, grouping and inserting calculated columns.
- Creating the Data Model including but not limited to creating table relations, creating linked tables and creating hierarchies.
- Creating Calculations with DAX – including understanding Measures Vs Attributes and Creating KPIs.
- Incorporating Time Intelligence – including but not limited to date-based analysis.
- Analyzing Data with Pivot tables and Pivot Charts – including understanding the Pivot Table Fundamentals, Slicing Data and adding visualizations.
2. BUILDING INTERACTIVE REPORTS AND DASHBOARDS WITH POWER BI (BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE)
- Introducing Power BI Desktop – including setting up the Power BI environment; getting, cleaning and shaping up data; creating table relationships and adding calculations and measures.
- Creating Reports with Power BI – including creating tables and matrices, constructing various kinds of charts, linking visualizations and drilling through visualizations.
- Publishing reports and creating dashboards – including adding tiles to a dashboard and sharing dashboards.